Sarah Davis is a successful attorney, two-term state representative and a fiscal conservative dedicated to limiting the size and scope of government in our lives.
Sarah graduated from John Foster Dulles High School in Sugar Land in 1994. In college, she was a member of the Baylor University debate team. After receiving a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from Baylor in 1998, she went on to earn her Law Degree from the University of Houston in 2001.
Sarah is an accomplished and successful attorney devoting her career to defending against personal injury lawsuits. She is a partner with the national law firm of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP. Sarah's clients include individuals, local businesses, and Fortune 500 companies.
Sarah was first elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 2010, and served on the Public Health and Judiciary & Civil Jurisprudence Committees. Sarah was re-elected in 2012, and currently serves on the Public Health, Calendars, and Appropriations committees. She serves as Secretary of the Women’s Health Caucus.
Sarah is a 37 year old breast cancer survivor, and lives with her husband, Kent Adams, and their Yorkie, Mr. Henry, in the City of West University Place.
Honors, Recognitions & Endorsements
- Endorsed by the C Club
- Endorsed by the National Rifle Association and the Texas State Rifle Association
- Endorsed by the Texas Medical Association PAC, and recognized as one of “Texas Medicine’s Best Legislators” of the 82nd Legislative session and given the “Patient Protection Award” for her work in the 83rd Legislative session
- Endorsed by the Texas Hospital Association HOSPAC
- Endorsed by the Texas Business Association BAC PAC, and recognized as a “Fighter for Free Enterprise” for work in the 82nd and 83rd Legislative sessions
- Endorsed by the Texans for Lawsuit Reform PAC, and honored with a “Civil Justice Leadership Award” for work in the 82nd Legislative Session
- Building Officials Association of Texas honored Rep. Sarah Davis as “Public Official of the Year” for 2011 and 2013 for her “outstanding contribution to the building profession and the community”
- Harris County Medical Society recognized Rep. Sarah Davis as a “Patient Care Champion” in 2011 and 2013 in appreciation for her “sincere dedication to the needs and concerns of the patients and physicians of Texas”
- Houston Business Journal “40 Under 40” for 2012
- Houston Woman Magazine recognized Rep. Sarah Davis as one “Houston’s 50 Most Influential Women of 2011”
- Named “Women’s Health Hero” by the Texas Women’s Healthcare Coalition on May 24, 2013.
- Received the “Lone Star Conservative Guardian Award” from the Texas Conservative Roundtable
- Endorsed by the Houston Realty Business Coalition for the 2014 Republican Primary election